Calendar - Event View
This is the "Event Detail" view, showing all available information for this event.
If the event has passed, click the "Event Report" button to read a report and view photos that were uploaded.
RunMyVillage User Talk - 12 PM PT / 1 PM MT / 2 PM CT / 3 PM ET
Registration is recommended
Payment In Full In Advance Only
(More) Time… Time… Time….
Our May 16 User Talk on Volunteer Time Reporting had a useful discussion about how Villages did (some parts of) volunteer time collection but we didn’t get to many of the questions we had listed. On June 20, we will be back again to discuss other questions on our original list (and a new, related one).
On May 16, our focus was on volunteer time reporting for Village activities (Board meetings, committees, projects) and less on time reporting for services to members. In June, here are some of the volunteer time reporting topics we may address:
- What time reporting do Villages do for direct member service requests?Is the time taken directly from RMV or are other methods used?If from RMV, how does the Village handle SRs when the time is not obvious?How accurate do Villages feel the time data should be?
- For SRs, how do Villages deal with gathering the correct data when the service has been completed – estimates, expecting volunteers to contact the “office,” reaching out the volunteers or members?Does this differ for Villages that use VSS and Automated Open Requests?
- How does the Village use the resulting volunteer time data - for the Village management, for the Board, for marketing?
- What tools do Villages use to gather and report time – RMV Service Requests, RMV Surveys/Forums tools, third-party or locally developed data collection tools, other?(We touched on this a little in May.)
- How do Villages deal with special cases – e.g., find out after the service has been provided that a volunteer provided a service without an SR?
- What special reports do Village produce – e.g., volunteers with the most hours; volunteers with no hours; difference between member volunteer and non-member volunteers?
- Do any Villages give rewards or “mentions” to volunteers based on service hours?What kind of volunteer gatherings, if any, do Villages do?What privileges do non-member volunteers have (e.g., attending events, special discounts)?
- How do Villages maintain their list of volunteers and the services that the volunteers are vetted on; how does the Village reach out to people who are listed, but who never volunteer.(These were questions on the VtV Forum in early June.)
Rather than a scripted presentation, this will be a discussion among the attendees about each Village’s philosophy and process around the capture and reporting of volunteers’ time. So, please come prepared to share your experiences, successes, along with your challenges and how you have resolved them. As always happens in these “Why We Do Things…” sessions, we expect that the attendees will learn best practices and new ideas that they can apply to their Village’s efforts.
These monthly talks are designed to help Villages use RunMyVillage more effectively. Each month has a different topic. The intended audience always includes the technology community within your Village; in addition, others in the Village may be invited based on the planned topic. Each of the User Talks has time for Villages to ask RunMyVillage-related questions to RMV and to other Villages. Examples of what we plan for these talks: RMV new release updates and discussions, results of surveys of desired enhancements to RMV, discussion of best practices and common issues particularly where Villages use RMV is different ways, and orientations for new Villages. If you have ideas for topics, email us at RMVusers@vtvnetwork.org. Videos for all previous User Talk webinars are on the VtV website.