Connect here with Villages that are sprouting up in communities across the country. Because together we have the power and means to design our own futures and keep control of our own lives.
Support the Ever Growing National Village Movement!
Calling all Members and Friends of the Village to Village Network!
We're taking the Network to the next level. Join us in this next great adventure and volunteer with us to make "VtVN 2.0" a huge success!
Contact one of us today to offer your ideas or to volunteer your talents.
The VtVN 2.0 Transition Task Force:
Jane Nyce, Task Force Chair
Frank Harnden, Publicity Chair
Dick Elkin, Operations Chair
Steve Roop, Governance Chair
Arthur Culbert, Fundraising Co-Chair
Susan McWhinney-Morse, Fundraising Co-Chair
In case you missed the webinars of the Reorganization and Transition Task Forces, or would like to watch them again, they were recorded and available here. Click here to view the June 16th webinar and click here to view the July 1 webinar. The July 17 webinar is also now available for viewing, click here. All of the documents from the webinars and that have been shared by the Task Force can be downloaded here.
6th Annual National Village Gathering!
REGISTRATION IS OPEN!
Please join us in Washington DC for the 2014 National Village Gathering on
September 29 - October 1!!
This year we will be focusing on the theme
Many Villages * One Vision * One Voice.
We will be holding our first ever Village Hill Day on Capitol Hill on October 1. Please join us. Click here to download the save the date and here for additional information!
New Village Report Now Available!
Village Sustainability and Engaging a Diverse Membership: Key Findings from a 2013 National Survey is a new report from the University of Maryland School of Social Work and is now available for download. This report describes findings from a two-phase national study of Villages focusing specifically on changes over time in Village size and funding, perceived challenges to sustainability and successful strategies for responding to those challenges. Click here to download!
Villages Nationally Recognized On NBC Nightly News!
Brian Williams, host NBC Nightly News
talks about his In-Laws
who are founders and members of "Staying Put in New Canaan" in CT
Share, Discover and Grow!
We are pleased to share with you a recent research report released by Rutgers University and the University of California-Berkeley presents a national "snapshot" of Villages in the U.S. The report presents finding from a national survey conducted in 2012 regarding Villages' organizational characteristics, finances, community settings, membership statistics, services, activities, governance and collaborations. For more information about the study and to view other publications, see agingandcommunity.org.
Click below to read the study:
Bringing Together the Power of the Movement!
Is there a Village near me?
6th Annual National Village Gathering!
The National Village Gathering is just a month away. We are looking forward to seeing all of you who are attending. Stay tuned for updates and last minute announcements as the event draws nearer.
- Additional information has been uploaded to the website! More resources have been added to assist with planning for our Village Hill Day. Breakout session presentations and information on the speakers is now available as well, click here.
- Registration is now FULL for the main conference on September 29 and 30, however there is still space and time to register to attend our first ever Hill Day on October 1. Click here for more information. If you would like to be added to the waitlist for the main conference please email email@example.com.
- Our room block at the Hilton Crystal City is also currently full. There are several other hotels within walking distance and more information can be found here.
- The full and final agenda is available on the website and to download. Click here to view the agenda. More info on speakers and breakout sessions will be coming soon.
- CLICK HERE for the full Hill Day itinerary.
- Villages on the News! Villages were highlighted in a news story on 9&10 News in Northern Michigan, click here to watch the full story.
- Villages in the News! Click here to read the recent article in Times-Standard about how the Village Movement is taking hold in more areas in CA.
- Lincoln Park Village! Check out the excellent article on LPV and the Village movement, click here to read!
- New York Times! Villages are again listed in NYT, this time a member of Ashby Village shares her story in a blog post, read here.
- Village Hill Day! We are hosting our first ever Village Hill Day to coincide with our National Village Gathering in Washington DC from September 29 - October 1. Click here to learn more and register today!
- Advocacy Webinar! Our most recent Advocacy Webinar is now available to view, click here to learn more about some of the important aging legislative issues.
- New Research Article! Click here to download "The Impact of the Village Model on the Health, Well-Being, Service Access and Social Engagement of Older Adults"from the Journal of Health Education and Behavior, written by Carrie Graham, Dr. Scharlach and Jennifer Price Wolf.
- Annual Report! The 2013 Village to Village Network Annual Report is now available, click here to view online.
- Article! Joining a Village is listed as the #1 tip for turning 50 according to Forbes. Share the Press Release and view the article here!
- For Sale! 4th Annual National Village Gathering 2 DVD Box-Set - Connecting Villages: Community - Collaboration - Cooperation! Click here for more information and to order yours today!